Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Speedy Grilled Cheese

Two kids = busier and less time!  Oh and a messier home!  (That is next on my list)

I was at my sister's house one weekend and my teenage niece and her friend were making their lunch.  I was astonished to see that they were using their waffle iron to make a GRILLED CHEESE sandwich!  Oh my! The world was going to end...that's not what that wonderful kitchen appliance is for!  It's for waffles!  That's it...or is it?

Fast forward to today when Lu wanted grilled cheese for lunch.  Between taking care of a four year old and entertaining her, I have a nursing baby, who feeds on demand.  I thought I would try out this waffle iron grilled cheese sandwich.

GENIUS!  So quick!  So easy!  AND it also segments the sandwich which means you don't even need to cut the sandwich.

My neice deserves an award...or something!

Or maybe I'm just old and unaware of the many uses of my waffle iron.


What do you use your waffle iron for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment