Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Crockpot pork chops and roasted taters

I need to write this down.  It was A-Mazing!

I needed something quick for supper and didn't really want to heat up the house, so naturally wanted a recipe for the crockpot.  I took out some pork chops (unfortunately I'm not great at planning, so they were frozen and it was 2:00).  Normally I make my pork chops with cream of mushroom soup and onion powder and garlic, but my hubby wasn't feeling well, and is lactose intolerant, so I thought I would skip the cream.

So, what do you do?  Google or check on Pinterest, naturally.

I found this recipe on Pinterest...it looked promising.  I did change the recipe up a bit to better suit our family. (http://www.macandmolly.com/slow-cooker-bbq-pork-chops/)


(sorry, I thought about taking the picture after I had started eating.  These days, I need to eat quickly...or else I don't get to)

My version of Crock Pot Pork Chops:

1. Place 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic (from Costco) on bottom of crock pot.
2. Add enough chopped onion to cover the bottom.
3. Pour enough BBQ sauce to bottom to cover garlic and onion.
4. Lay pork chops on top. (They were frozen.  If you are using fresh you may want to add a maximum of 1/2 cup of water)
5. Sprinkle pork chops with mustard powder.
6. Pour more BBQ sauce on top of pork chops.

I made 2 pork chops and used about half of a bottle of BBQ sauce. When it was finished, it tasted like candy.

I cooked on high for 4 hours.

Roasted Potatoes:

1. Peel and chop one potatoe per person.  Cut into uniform size pieces.
2. Put olive oil on cookie sheet and lay potato on top in single layer.
3. Sprinkle with spices of your choice.  I used salt, pepper, salad shake by litehouse, smoked paprika, and cajun spice.
4. Sprinkle more olive oil on top as you mix potatoes around on cookie sheet.  Ensure that potatoes are coated with oil.
5.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  Turn.  Bake another 10 minutes.
6.  Turn oven heat to 400 degrees and bake approximately 8 more minutes until potatoes are crispy.  You may wish to turn again to ensure that they are evenly crisped!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment