Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 is my year!

Yup!  You read that right.  It's all mine!  muah-ha-ha.  No, really.

Let me clarify.

2015 is MY year!  This is the year when I will BE a housewife.  ha ha!  I pledge to learn to keep a house tidy and to be a better Mom to my children.  I want to be present.  I want to be the homemaker with style!  The Domestic Diva.

I bet you're thinking, "but you just posted that you aren't making resolutions."  To which I would respond "You are correct"

I'm taking a different approach this year.

The new year is special.  SO special we celebrate with big parties, and staying up til Midnight (I almost didn't make it this year - man, I'm getting old!)  I had a friend invite us and our children over for a kid's New Years party, complete with fake countdown.  That was good enough for me!

For so many, New Years marks the beginning of something big.  I see it not only on people's Facebook statuses, but also in the pages of those first flyers of the new year.  Or on TV commercials.  (I would assume they are still there...I don't have television programming) There is a reoccurring theme: exercise equipment and healthy (or artificially "healthy") weight loss options, organization tools, tools for those house renos...EVERYWHERE!

Just for all of those vows to lose weight, to get organized, to finally finish that to-do list.

I won't do it!

I won't make any of those mistakes!

If last year serves as nothing more than a clear example as to why I won't, I don't know what will.

Remember my 7 clearly outlined goals, with the intention of posting my steps to get to them...ya...and then the lack of completion...ur...ugh...um ya.  I could go on to give excuses...but I won't.

Instead I will start 2015 with this promise:  I will do what I need to in order to ensure that my family is healthy and happy.  That is what is most important to me.

So that said, I am going to strive to make small short term goals.  I hope to post at least once a week...but we all know how busy life goes...(right now I should be doing some sewing...shh don't tell!)

Ideally I'd like to post twice a week.  Once with a weekly goal to help create a happy healthy home and family...couldn't think of another "h" word for that! Once on a "Domestic" topic...after all I will BE the Domestic Diva.

Once again I close with Happy New Year.  I look forward to writing for who ever is reading this {rambling} post right now.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment