Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Food Prep Friday

Fridays won't always be my food prep day.  Saturday or Sunday will most likely be the day.  But I went shopping yesterday and gotta get 'er done.

I still need to establish a routine for groceries.  It used to be that I would shop every two weeks on Tuesdays.  That worked well for us until Winter came and I started working.  Life is so hectic with working.  So now I think Fridays may just have to be the shopping night.  And with Winter, it's hard to find local fresh anything...so it'll likely have to be a weekly chore...have I mentioned how I hate grocery shopping...but I like food.  Oh do I like food.

And following my goal, I bought healthy groceries!

Food prep with two kids running around proved to be quite the challenge.  Next time I will focus on this task on a Sunday afternoon.  So groceries on Saturdays may be the best plan for our family.  At least until the kids are older and more independent...




So, What did I accomplish?

I made baked egg white cups for quick breakfasts or a healthy snack.

I made chicken burrito bowls, and chicken burritos for supper.

I made sauce for  pasta.

And chopped veggies for freezer and fresh to eat with hummus.  Overall I think I did well.  Hoping to do some baking this week to fill the freezer with more quick healthy snack/breakfast options.

Links to the recipes that I made:

https://www.facebook.com/healthylivingtricks/videos/1004771106295249/ <- Egg white cups

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmars/17-delicious-healthy-grain-bowls-that-will-fill-you-up?bffbtasty&utm_term=.dixMrWgZmR#.sb24bjXNeV

https://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaboyajian/this-lemon-chicken-and-spaghetti-squash-is-soooo-good

Let me know what you think of these recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment