Friday, January 6, 2017

Poached salmon and salad

I went grocery shopping.  YAY!  I have fresh vegetables and fruits and bought some meet to prep some foods.  Stay tuned for that post...hoping to post later today.

Last night for supper I made Poached Salmon and salad.

Now, I am not a culinary goddess...I cheated and bought the salad.  But it was good.  And it was healthy.  And our kids even tried just a little.  They aren't sold on quinoa though.


So how did I do it you ask?  Lemme tell you.  (obviously not the salad part...that is easy.  I went to the cooler section of the produce department and chose the flavour of kale salad that I really really wanted...it was on sale too!  BONUS!)

Making quinoa is like making rice.  2:1 ratio water to quinoa.  I rinsed the quinoa first because I googled and that is what Google told me to do.  

:)

I steamed the brocolli in my stovetop steamer.  Easy peasy!  Kids love their trees!  Battle avoided there!

Now the salmon was just as easy.  I placed about an inch of water in a frying pan that could fit a lid.  Gently set the salmon in the boiling water.  Sprinkled each with salt and pepper and Epicure's Lemon Dilly dip mix (I know a lady, if you need a fix) and then left to cook until fish flaked.  

All was done within the half hour and we all sat down to enjoy our healthy post grocery meal!  

YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment