Monday, January 16, 2017

My new favourite sandwich...what should I name it?

I apologize, my focus has been greatly on food.  That is because I'm really trying to master my relationship with food so that I can achieve my goals of a long healthy life for me and my family.  I will write another post this week on a non-food related item...just not sure what yet.

So weekends.  Whole family at home.  Lots of relaxing and often times we end up slipping on our food.

I will be honest.  I cheated.

I even baked.  I did!  And I will tell you about that in another post where I review a recipe.  :)

BUT, the hubs wanted grilled cheese and onion rings for lunch.  Buddy was ecstatic!  He absolutely loves onion rings.  As do I.  But I'm trying here.  Trying!

SO I indulged in the onion rings.  It's not like we have them everyday.  (We do have half a bag still in the freezer...😋)

But instead of the grilled cheese I looked to Pinterest for other options and came up with my new favourite grilled cheese.

It was still grilled.

It was still cheese.

But I like to think I added a bit more in the nutrient department.

Sliced tomato, 4 thin slices of mozzarella cheese, and sliced avocado on flax bread.


It was so delicious.

So today I tried again slightly different:  Tomato, honey ham, avocado, red onion and marble cheese (we used the mozzarella on pizza Saturday night)  Equally delicious!

What do I name it now???

In terms of eating healthy, I don't believe in fat free.  I don't believe in free of anything.  I believe we need to take the time to learn more about the nutrition in our foods and then add more nutritious food.  There is nothing wrong with eating a grilled cheese sandwich.  But we can add to it and make it that much better for our bodies.  Anyone with me?

Ok, as promised...no more talk of food until I write a non-food post.

photo?  Sure thing.  Cue the drooling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment