Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The [15] Posts of Christmas: Christmas Mice

Lu wasn't interested in making our ornament yesterday.  She was more interested in playing with some stickers that I found. 

Thus, I was having a hard time deciding on what to write about.  Then the sneaky little, scratch that, FAT mouse waddled across my kitchen floor and inspired my post. 

No I am not going to write about rodents.  I'm not going to write about old houses and cracks.  I'm going to write about Christmas mice. 

What are Christmas mice you ask?  Well for me, it's a family tradition.

Sometime while I was a child, my parents bought me three Christmas mice.  They were in a set.  One holds a present, one a candy cane and the third plays a violin.  Since that first Christmas hanging these cute little critters on my tree has become a tradition.  As are most of our Christmas ornaments. 

Strangely, I don't seem to have a photo of my Christmas mice.  I was certain I would, but I can't find it.  I will have to update this post with the photos later, once our tree is up.  (Yes we're unlike most around here and don't put up the tree until about mid month). 

When my hubby and I celebrated our first Christmas together, not yet married, we decided that we would get a new ornament every year to add to the tree.  This is another tradition for us. 

Do you have any family traditions around your tree?  Is there a special ornament that you must hang on your tree every year?

Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment