Thursday, December 19, 2013

The [15] Posts of Christmas: The Santa Claus Parade

On Sunday we attended the Santa Claus Parade.  I have fond memories of these as a child and even teenager.  I remember while in high school, our band would play on a float.  Since high school the highlight of any parade for me was the bands, marching or on a float. 

In Alberta, we didn't have a Santa Claus Parade.  I am not sure why.  They are so much fun!

Lu loved the parade.  Luckily it wasn't super cold and she was nicely bundled.  We drank hot chocolate while we waited for it to start and she even stopped to make some snow angels in one of the neighbour's driveways!

There were many floats and displays and all were showing Christmas spirit.  Lily was loving the candy canes and also wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! 

If you don't attend Santa Claus Parades, I would highly recommend.  We didn't go to see Santa following as Santa comes to Lu earlier than most kids, but kids were welcome on Santa's knee following the parade. 

Christmas is a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment